Our ISVAs are specially trained to support you and will make sure that your voice is heard and that you are listened to. They can help you to understand your choices. Our ISVAs are specially trained to support you and will make sure that your voice is heard and that you are listened to.
We understand that it can be hard to talk about things that have hurt or upset you and you might not know what to say. You can take as much time as you need to talk and we will support you as much as we can to do this. We will never ask you to talk about anything that you don’t want to.
An ISVA can support you by:
- Making sure your views, opinions, wishes and needs are understood, respected, listened to and met by all the agencies supporting you.
- Answer any question, worries or concern you might have which relates to the sexual abuse you’ve experienced.
- Giving you information and support around the criminal justice system
- Offer someone to talk to and practical help if you have already reported to ensure you understand and receive your legal rights for example, special measures in court, such as a screen to talk behind or a live link in another building to make things less scary
- Speak to the people who are supporting you, your partner, family and friends, so that they can do this in the best way possible.
- Talking to school or college for you
- Arranging appointments, referring you, or possibly going with you, to other support services.
- Informing you of other options you might have so that you can choose the options that are right for you.
The service is private and confidential, which means that what you say stays between you and ARCH. The only time we would say something is if we think that you or someone else is in danger of being seriously hurt or your life, or someone else’s life, is in danger.
If you want to talk to us about getting support from the ISVA service, you can call us on 01642 822331. You might need the support of a trusted adult to be able to access some of our services.
If you’re a parent, carer or professional who wants to refer a child to one of our specialist services, please visit our online referral page.